Summer Camp hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. for Regular Day campers and 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for Extended Day campers.
Need help finding us? View our Pick-up and Drop-off Location Map.
- Drive around the circle on Administration Drive by the back of the RAC adjacent to the tennis courts. As you enter the campus from I-95, proceed to the second traffic circle, bear right onto Hilltop Circle. At the first stop sign turn left onto Administration Drive. Follow Administration Drive to the drop off circle.
- Starting at 8:00 a.m., a black & gold UMBC welcome tent will be visible as the designated drop-off area for campers.
- Stay in your car! A camp staff member will greet you at your car for sign in. Once the camper(s) are signed in (via QR code) the camp staff member will walk the campers into the building. If you need to speak to a camp administrator, let the staff member know.
- Any arrivals after 8:55am will be asked to park on the upper level of Administration Drive Garage (Parking is free in the Black & Gold Tour spaces from 9a-9:30a, between 9:30a-4pm you must pay the metered parking through park mobile) and walk their camper to the front of the RAC building for sign-in. Please call the UMBC Day Camp Office (410-455-2638), and a camp administrator will meet you in the RAC Lobby to sign-in your camper and take them to their group.
- Parents may park on the upper level of the Administration Drive Parking garage, parking is free after 4pm.
- Pick-up will take place in the back vestibule area located behind the RAC by the Tennis Courts. Please join the correct line based off camper’s last name.
- Starting at 4:25 p.m., campers will make their way from their daily activities to the RAC’s Arena Court with their counselors. Camp staff will greet you at a sign-out table
- Be sure to present your photo identification with you each day to sign out your camper.
Note: Parents who wish to pick their camper up prior to 4pm should complete the early pickup sheet at sign in. Please let the camp staff member know you will be picking your camper up early and they will assist you. Campers can be picked up in the RAC Lobby at the requested time.
Late Pick-up Fee
- Parents should make every attempt to pickup their children before 4:45 p.m. for Regular Day or 5:30 p.m. for Extended Day.
- A late fee of $15 for every 15 minutes per camper must be paid by Check, payable to UMBC at time of pick-up.
- Please consider weather and traffic conditions when making pick-up arrangements.
- Any pick-ups after 5:30 p.m. will be asked to park on the upper level of Administration Drive garage (place your Day Camp Parking Permit in the windshield). Once parked, enter the RAC building, go to the second floor in the Retriever Activities Center, room 252 to pickup your camper.