Now that you’re signed up and ready to participate, let’s make sure you have all the information you need for your campers to have a fun and safe Summer Camp experience!
Location & Hours
UMBC Summer Day Camp is located in the heart of UMBC’s main campus in Baltimore County.
- 1000 Hilltop Circle, RAC 252
Baltimore, MD 21250
Hours of Operation
- Regular day: 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Extended day: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Preparing for Camp
We have compiled a handful of resources for you that will help you in preparing your camper for our activities.
What to Bring
- Two bathing suits
- Proper footwear, such as sneakers
- Flip flops or soled type sandals (for swimming activities only)
- Water bottle
- Lunch box (marked with camper’s name)
- Plastic bag for wet items
- Combination lock for securing valuables (UMBC is not responsible for lost or stolen items)
We will be providing a snack and juice in the morning, but children MUST provide their own lunches. We will provide refrigeration for lunches. Lunch bags and/or lunch boxes should be clearly marked with the camper’s name.
What NOT to Bring
To ensure the best possible experience at camp, and for your camper’s safety, please do not allow your children to wear or bring the following items:
- Cell phones
- Wheeled shoes
- Portable music players
- “Security” blankets and other sentimental items
- Water toys
- Hair dryers and/or curling irons
- Jewelry (outside of watches)